STAR WARS Wednesday: chapter 5

The story continues with chapter 5 today of my 1980 comic book version of what I thought RETURN OF THE JEDI might be when I was 14 years old. If you need to catch up, chapter 1 is here, chapter 2 is here and chapters 3 & 4 are here (or just scroll down).

Please excuse the grammar and spelling , it's sad knowing I was 14 and wrote like that. Then again, re reading many of the posts on this blog... nothing has changed.

Only one person tried to guess my Ralph McQuarrie panel homage from last week and he was wrong (sorry Bruce). I'll leave the contest open till someone gets it right.

This week's chapter features Jabba the Hut. This comic was done 3 years before the movie came out. I based my Jabba on the MARVEL COMICS adaption of the first Star Wars movie which included the now famous "special edition" scene with him. Artist Howard Chaykin pictured him like one of the creatures seen walking through the streets of Mos Eisley (click here).

OK, enough "backstory" stuff... here's the promised return of Han Solo. Click on any page to enlarge.









NEXT WEEK: Darth Vader gets angry!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,
    Regarding the Ralph McQuarrie question - Top of Chapter 4 - Yoda's house?

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/heilemann/6113970/in/set-152728/

    Regards,

    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it's CLEARLY the 1/2 page shot of Luke, legs stride, with the saber and the gold jacket.

    Jeez.

    What do I win?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that's it's Jabba from the old comic version. This is such cool thing to have. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete