Happy April Fool's Day!

Yes, yesterday's post was a gag. I was so surprised by the responses to it. I hope there's no hard feelings from anyone. I thought it an over the top concept, but these days, I guess such a thing could happen and Halloween haters do exist.

For the record, Valley Glen is a wonderful town and I've always had nothing but support from the neighborhood and community when the display goes up every October.

It's nice to know the Internet Halloween community is just as supportive and would rally to one's side against such nonsense. A special commendation to reader "Terrormaster" and all, who went out of their way to decode my bogus newsletter revealing it's a hoax.

6 comments:

  1. Omigosh, I so got duped. And then did a second hand dupe by telling my hubby about it last night. DOH! And that is even with the comment above me asking if it was Aprilfools. I'm full of shame, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you got me too. I was thinking about it with sadness and horror this afternoon - I'm so glad to hear that it was a fakeout. (My excuse for being so gullible is that in the southern towns I've grown up in, that would be perfectly normal public policy. Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was classic and I must admit I fell for it as I spent the evening "seeing red" and rehearsing my rebuttal for anyone spewing similar thought...well done, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well played! :)
    -Stefanie
    2ndChanceCreations.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was ready to get on a plane and come down there and give someone a talking to!!

    You got me....got me good! :D

    Glad to hear it was a joke!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete